Friday, August 15, 2008

Remaining Raw



I've been back on solids for about 3 days now and it's been incredible. I forgot about all of the delicious food combinations there were. I've grown grateful for salads because each bite is different; with juice every sip is the same. For dinner I made seaweed wraps stuffed with guacamole and cucumber on a bed of spinach. It was so fucking good. I also made some dehydrated crackers: The first batch was made from shredded zucchini, flax meal, wheat germ, and oregano. The second batch was made from tomato puree, flax meal, wheat bran, wheat germ, red bell pepper, green onion, basil, and garlic. I dehydrated them for 3 hours on 200 degrees (although that's not really raw; nutrients and enzymes begin to die at temperatures higher than 120 degrees. I used an oven at the lowest heat because I don't have a dehydrator.). This whole raw thing is really cool, although I can only call myself 90% raw because some things I consume have been pasteurized. I'll allow it.

No comments: