Tuesday, August 12, 2008

First day with solids

I officially caved just after making it past my 26th day. I had a handful of iceberg lettuce with freshly minced garlic covered in hemp oil and mustard. I must say it was more delicious than I could have imagined. Unfortunately I couldn't stop there: I ate 1/4 jar of organic tomato & basil pasta sauce, a few slices of tomato with sea salt, and a spoonful of ketchup (the kind that doesn't contain high fructose corn syrup). I missed tomatoes so fucking much. I never could get used to the taste of fresh tomato juice (same thing with orange and grapefruit juice; I guess I just got too used to the taste of bottled juice from the market throughout my life). I've been doing some lite research on various raw cracker and bread recipes so perhaps I'll be able to use that tomato sauce for dipping, not just eating by itself. I can't wait to have olives and avocados :)

I also ended up eating a mixture of 2 tbsp. peanut butter, 2 tbsp. of raw cocoa, and a tbsp. of honey. I got so full after that I only craved juice for the rest of the day. It's just after 10pm right now and I'm getting temped to make some miso soup with extra seaweed. Even though it's not raw, it has enough nutrition to convince me that it's a good idea. I think I'll have to make this an exception and consider it a reward for my strong stance behind my choices. Fuck yeah miso.

No comments: