Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The Meaning of Thanksgiving

Simply put, Thanksgiving is a day to be grateful for the fact that you can afford food and spend time with your family. It's also about being grateful about everything you have. It's not about eating too much and getting drunk on wine, although that is the way I've been doing it for several years. This is the first Thanksgiving I'm going to skip the meat and fill up on veggies and choose water over wine, instead of vice versa. I'm actually going to use this day to catch up with my family and introduce a few vegan dishes to them so they can experience that veganism isn't just nuts and berries. It's a day to be grateful for everything you have, regardless of whether or not you generally find yourself satisfied. Believe me, it's always possible to have less. In fact, sell your stuff and keep your thoughts; you may just find that they're all you really need :)

On behalf of all the vegans out there, Happy Tofurky Day

No comments: