Saturday, November 08, 2008

Kombucha Tea

I've been enjoying this delicious elixir since I decided to quit my bad habits, and I've gotta say this stuff is incredible. Kombucha tea is a mixture of green or black tea, sugar, and a Kombucha culture that has been fermented for 5 to 14 days. It contains probiotics, B vitamins, enzymes, antioxidants, and a few other things I can't think of right now. It disrupts my alcohol cravings and is the perfect drink to supplement a fast as it curves appetite and aids in detoxification. It's sold at most health food stores. I recently began brewing my own Kombucha. The best part about home brewing is that in every batch of Kombucha a new culture grows so you never need to buy a new one. Just stay stocked on organic tea and organic sugar. Kombucha is known to deliver many benefits, although naming them all would take up too much space. Not to mention, everyone's body will react differently to its goodness so there's no telling what you might get out of this tonic. No doubt it will nourish your digestive system, help your immune system, and clean you out.

No comments: